Brett Eldredge is counting down the days until the release of his forthcoming fifth studio album, Sunday Drive, available everywhere July 10 (PRE-ORDER HERE) and to celebrate, the album’s nostalgic title track is available everywhere today (LISTEN HERE). Eldredge’s emotive vocal paints the scene of a picturesque childhood memory over delicate piano accompaniment. The story unfolds as strings swell in the background and we learn the true impact that a seemingly simple “Sunday Drive” can have – for parent and child.
“Many years ago, I was an intern at universal music publishing where I worked in the basement tape room transferring CDs into MP3s,” Eldredge explained. “I loved listening to all of the incredible songwriters’ songs and was always blown away by what people could create from their soul. One day I stumbled upon this song called "Sunday Drive," (written by Barry Dean, Don Mescall, Steve Robson) and I was stopped in my tracks. I couldn't believe a song could be written by someone else but feel like every word and melody was every part of my life existence. I secretly/selfishly hoped and prayed no one would record it so that one day when the time was right, I could record it and make it something extremely special. That day is today, and it happens to be the title of my album. I cannot wait for you to take this journey with this song, I know it will do something special to your heart and soul.”
In addition, Eldredge has revealed the full Sunday Drive track listing which features several songs co-written with award-winning producers Daniel Tashian and Ian Fitchuk, like the wistful lead single “Gabrielle,” (LISTEN HERE). The album credits also feature collaborators Eldredge has worked with in the past like Ross Copperman, with whom Eldredge has penned multiple chart-topping, Platinum-certified singles, and staples of the Nashville songwriting community including Jessie Jo Dillon and Tyler Johnson.
Creating Sunday Drive began with the realization that Eldredge needed to dial back to dial in. With just a flip phone, Polaroid camera, notebook and guitar by his side, he was able to reexamine both himself and the world around him. Together with likeminded producers Tashian and Fitchuk, Eldredge found a way to blend his acclaimed voice and strong midwestern values with a deepened sense of self and naturally matured sound.
SUNDAY DRIVE TRACK LISTING
1. Where the Heart Is – Brett Eldredge, Jessie Jo Dillon, Tyler Johnson
2. The One You Need – Brett Eldredge, Jessie Jo Dillon, Matt Rogers
3. Magnolia – Brett Eldredge, Scooter Carusoe
4. Crowd My Mind – Brett Eldredge, Ross Copperman
5. Good Day – Brett Eldredge, Daniel Tashian, Ian Fitchuk
6. Fall For Me – Brett Eldredge, Daniel Tashian, Ian Fitchuk
7. Sunday Drive – Barry Dean, Don Mescall, Steve Robson
8. When I Die – Brett Eldredge, Daniel Tashian, Ian Fitchuk
9. Gabrielle – Brett Eldredge, Daniel Tashian, Ian Fitchuk
10. Fix A Heart – Brett Eldredge, Scooter Carusoe
11. Then You Do – Brett Eldredge, Scooter Carusoe
12. Paris Illinois – Brett Eldredge, Daniel Tashian, Ian Fitchuk